If you would like to jump to a specific video in our packing video series, just follow the links below:
These videos were originally developed to train agents and staff in professional packing procedures.
If we do the packing your goods are fully insured. But we’ve found there are a number of people who want to pack themselves and don’t mind taking the risk that their insurance coverage won’t pay for damage in transit. These videos will help them with damage prevention.
This series of 12 videos is very comprehensive covering everything you’d find in a normal household. The most popular is on Packing China and Glass.
Please call today at 905-847-9638 for a very reasonable price on professional packing and unpacking for your personal belongings, or contact us using the form on our Contact Us page.
Packing In The Kitchen
Packing Glass and China
Packing Pottery And Wine Glasses
How to Pack Canned Goods
Packing Tall Table Lamps
- Computer Systems
- Stereo Components
- Hat and Shoe Boxes: Small boxes of this type should be consolidated and packed into large boxes. Fill in small spaces with wadded-up packing paper.
- Toys: Do not have to be wrapped in packing paper. Paper them in large cartons and seal them up.
- Loose Shoes: Same as toys.
- Books and Records: Stand on end. Use small cartons.
- Linens and bedding
The following items cannot be packed because it is prohibited by law:
- Corrosives: household cleaners, acids, liquid plumber, and car or boat batteries.
- Explosives: ammunition, bullets, flares, fireworks and detonators.
- Flammable Liquids: gas, lighter fluid, paint, paint thinner, glue, kerosene, acetone, alcohol and lamp oils.
- Flammable Solids: matches and fuel tablets.
- Gases: either pressured or liquefied, propane tanks, oxygen, helium, household fuel, aerosol cans, hair spray, paint cleaner and butane lighters.
- Liquids: wine, beer and alcohol.
- Oxidizers: bleach, disinfectants, organic peroxides, fertilizers, pool chemicals and chlorine in any form.
- Poisons: pesticides, herbicides, fumigants and photographic chemicals.
Any other item that might be susceptible to combustion, like oily rags and charcoal, cannot be packed for shipping.