Due to the recent rise in Conoravirus COVID-19 cases across the country, we want to ensure you that Bronte Movers is putting safety first, and we are concerned for our customers and employees. Your safety and the safety of our crew are paramount in everything we do. We have implemented new policies and procedures to protect our customers and employees. Bronte Movers is following all best practices and guidelines for sanitation, cleanliness, and precautions as we continue to help our customers with their upcoming move.
Is Bronte Movers still operating?
Moving is an essential service and part of the transportation industry. Bronte Movers will continue to move people unless instructed otherwise.
What if I need to cancel my move due to COVID-19 in my community?
As always please give us as much notice as possible. We need at least 48 hours; and there will be no penalty for cancellation.
What we are doing to protect you.
Bronte Movers has taken the following steps to protect you and our employees. Procedures and policies are changing daily as we monitor the situation.
- We are disinfecting the office wiping everything off, every morning and at the end of the day before we close the office.
- We are no longer doing in home estimates. Estimates can be done over the phone, via email with photos, or live stream.
Our staff have been doing estimates for over 35 years.
- We have provided our crew with disinfecting wipes, gloves and masks to wear during the move.
- We have posted our policies and procedures for employees to see.
- We have closed our doors to the public.
- We have cancelled our recycling box program.
- The truck cabs are cleaned at the end of each day.
- We are avoiding unnecessary contact shaking hands with each other and with you.
- When we are confirming our moves we are asking customers if anyone in the household has been travelling or has flu like symptoms.
- We are not accepting cash. Please pay for your move via cheque, Visa or MasterCard.
What you can do to help protect yourself and the movers.
- No more than 2 people in the house while the movers are there. If you have children we ask that you make arrangements for someone to care for them during the move. If you don’t need to be at either home, it is best not to be.
- Please be sure that everything is sanitized, most importantly door knobs and handrails.
- Verify that the home you are moving into is sanitized.
- Keep social distancing, keep the 6 feet from the crew and driver.
- If you have gloves and masks use them.
- If you have travelled please let us know what those dates are.
- If you have any type of cold or flu like symptoms please be advised we will not be able to move you during that time. Once you are cleared and your home has be sanitized we will gladly assist you in rebooking your move.
- Please keep your hand soap / alcohol-based hand sanitizer out, in case our Movers need to wash their hands after using the restroom.
We will be monitoring and watching closely and follow the advice of the Canadian Public Health Agency
– We know these are scary times; we want to make this as stress free as possible for everyone.
– This too shall pass.
– Stay safe, wash yours hands as much as possible for 20 seconds.
– Keep your hands away from your face.
– We will all get through this together.
We want to ensure that all of our customers feel comfortable knowing that we are all doing our part to protect each other during this time.
If you have any questions at all please give us a call at 905-847-9638.